In 1986, the Rockford Area Illini Club established a scholarship fund from which we will make one or more $1000 cash rewards to area high school seniors who will be entering the University of Illinois/Urbana-Champaign each fall. Since that time, we have awarded more than $100,000 of scholarships.
Our scholarship applications are made available each May through the high school guidance offices in our area, directly mailed to those students who have been accepted and indicated that they will be attending the University, and are made available on this website. If you have been admitted, and have accepted and plan to attend the University, you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The deadline for submittal is typically in June, with the selections made in July. Once the selections have been made, we hold a reception for our scholarship winners at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Rockford.
The awardees are selected based on the following:
1) Applicant must be a high school senior or transfer student in Boone, Ogle, Stephenson or Winnebago County accepted at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
2) School and community citizenship.
3) Academic performance - class rank, grade point average, and individual effort will be considered.
4) Recommendation(s) from an administrator, counselor or teacher (at least one).
5) Complete transcript of high school grades, including SAT and/or ACT scores.
6) Completed application.
Get the 2015 application by clicking here.